Tuesday Top 5- Lethbridge's Best Baby Resources
Maybe you are a brand new mom, or maybe you are new to the city, or maybe you've got a question you need answered. Here's our Top 5 baby resources that you can find in our city!!
1. The Lethbridge Breastfeeding Medicine Clinic- Dr. Appleton and Dr. Storey are two phenomenal GPs who specialize in Breastfeeding medicine, from weight gain issue or thrush to lip ties and tongue ties they have you covered. They are compassionate, gentle and encouraging. We also love chatting with Kim their receptionist, she's so bright and friendly and cares deeply about the mothers they see.
2. Lethbridge Public Health Unit (The Train Station)- Our local PH Nurses are fantastic! The Train station offers baby classes (babysteps), prenatal classes, up to date vaccination information, carseat clinics, postpartum mood disorder reources and lactation consultants. To find out more info call them at (403) 388 6666
3. Children's Allied Health- Children's Allied Health offers self referrals in for hearing tests, speech assessments and therapy, occupational therapy assessments and treatment and physio for young children. This is an amazing resource for anyone who has concerns about their baby's development.
4. The Lethbridge Family Center- The Family Center offers many great programs for parents as well as a wealth of resources. We recommend you check out the Baby PACT (parents and children together) and the Baby Sign classes.
5. Lethbridge Pregnancy Care Center- The Pregnancy Care Center is a volunteer based organization that focuses on helping families with unexpected pregnancies. They have counselling, free parenting classes and access to donations of clothes, diapers etc for families in need.